The communication driver for the S7 protocol is implemented as a Siemens Ethernet device. It offers high-performance device polling and supports various data formats. Please note that the driver is for TCP/IP networks only.
- Communication with CPUs S7-300/S7-400/S7-1200/S7-1500
- Communication with CPs 343/443
- Communication with Sinamics
- Data types: BOOL, BYTE, BYTE ARRAY, WORD, WORD ARRAY, INT, INT ARRAY, DWORD, DWORD ARRAY, DINT, DINT ARRAY, REAL, REAL ARRAY, CHAR ARRAY, DATETIME, DATETIME ARRAY
- Data areas: DB (Data Blocks), M (Merkers), I (Inputs), Q (Outputs)
- Polling optimization
To get an access to a DBs in PLCs S7-1200 and S7-1500 you will need additional settings on the PLC-side. The required actions are being considered in this article